Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
This module gives you the key knowledge and practical skills that you need to work effectively with migrants and refugees. Through interactive activities, you will explore the complexities of providing services that meet the individual needs of migrants and refugees. You will also reflect on your own culture and develop skills to minimise cultural misunderstandings at work.
After this training, you will be able to
- Explain the changing Australian cultural context and how service providers can respond
- Identify the specific needs of refugee and migrant clients
- Explain how to book, brief and use interpreters effectively
- Apply strategies for minimising issues during cross-cultural communication
- Reflect on how your own cultural preferences effect cross-cultural interactions
Please complete the course within a month of enrollment.
You can get started anytime from now and complete the course at your own pace. If you have to stop the training unexpectedly, or you just want to complete it later the system will remember where you were the last time you left it.
Please Note: we use Flash software for this online module, while it works on most browsers there are preferences to ensure it operates effectively. We recommend you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers when accessing this course. Mobile devices accessing the course and smartphones using Apple’s operating system (iOS) won’t work. There may be some problems using Internet Explorer browser so we recommend not using it.
You selected to get the course Working Across Language and ... (OL-WALC). Please Login or Signup to get it.