This module gives you the key knowledge and practical skills that you need to work effectively with migrants and refugees. Through interactive activities, you will explore the complexities of providing services that meet the individual needs of migrants and refugees. You will also reflect on your own culture and develop skills to minimise cultural misunderstandings at work.
After this training, you will be able to
- Explain the changing Australian cultural context and how service providers should respond
- Identify the specific needs of refugee and migrant clients
- Explain how to book, brief and use interpreters effectively
- Apply strategies for minimising issues during cross-cultural communication
- Reflect on how your own cultural preferences effect cross-cultural interactions
You selected to get the course Working Across Language and ... (OL-WALC). Please Login or Signup to get it.