Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Introduction to Cultural Competence Unit 1: Key knowledge gives you a framework to understand Australian cultural diversity. It sets a clear, positive agenda for how you can think about creating a culturally responsive workplace. You’ll learn how you can reduce barriers that create poorer outcomes for migrant and refugees who use Australian services.
Unit 1: Key Knowledge takes about 45 minutes and is perfect if you need essential knowledge of cultural competence.
After completing Unit 1, you will gain clear knowledge of:
- Australian cultural diversity and government policies that impact your work
- Proven strategies to guide your work with migrant and refugees
- Experiences migrants and refugees have before getting to Australia
- Impact how quickly they fit in here and how you work with them
- How you can work with interpreters and translations to improve services for migrants and refugees
You can get started immediately and complete the suite at your own pace. Your progress is saved automatically, so you can log out then resume at any time.
Please use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser to do this training. Microsoft Internet Explorer does not work well.
You selected to get the course UNIT 1 - Introduction to Cu... (U1_ICC19). Please Login or Signup to get it.