Health Literacy Essentials (HLE )
gives you the skills to communicate more effectively with consumers. It highlights issues caused by Low Health Literacy and provides fun and engaging activities that let you practice the solutions. As soon as you finish this course you can start using what you've practiced to improve your work!
Health Literacy Essentials has four sections – each building on the knowledge of the last.
1. Health Literacy Introduction
– This section compares health literacy to everyday situations. We use these comparisons to highlight what health literacy is and how it impacts health consumers.
2. Health Literacy In Depth
– This section uses a fun quiz to detail the current state of health literacy in Australia and what it means for you.
3. Universal Precautions Approach
– This section highlights the recommended approach to low health literacy through fun activities.
4. Plain Language Communication
– This section gives you the opportunity to identify and practice using plain language communication including checking shared understanding.
The course will take you approximately 1 hour to complete. Our training works on desktop, tablet or mobile phone, so you can complete it on your preferred device.
You can get started immediately and complete the course at your own pace. Your progress is saved at the end of each section.
Please use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser to do this training. Microsoft Internet Explorer does not work well.
If you have any problem accessing the course, please contact Anni - firstname.lastname@example.org